Protect yourself and your family now!
If you are eligible for a free flu vaccination please call the surgery now to book an appointment.
It is important especially now whilst we are in the midst of the Covid – pandemic that we do as much as we can to protect ourselves and those close to us, by getting vaccinated against Influenza.
The flu vaccine is given to people who:
- are 65 and over (including those who’ll be 65 by 31 March 2021)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in a long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- frontline health or social care workers
- live with someone who is currently on the national shielded list.
- Children at risk or aged between 2-3 years can have the nasal vaccine
If you would like more information from NHS England please click on the links below:
If you have a learning disability please click on the link to view the easy read leaflet: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/905376/PHE_flu_easy_read_winter_2020_leaflet.pdf